Conference calling is one of the key features within the RingCentral app. Conference calls allow talking to several people at the same time. There are a few ways to start a conference call within the app, including the following:
- Clicking Start conference call from the kebab menu button within a group or team conversation.
- Converting a live call into a conference call via the dial pad.
Starting conference calls
You can start a conference call with all members of a team or group while within the team or group conversation in the RingCentral app.
- Navigate to the Message section via the side menu bar.
- Select a group or team conversation via the conversation list.
- Click More.
- Click Start conference call.
- Click Start.
Joining conference calls
A message with options for joining the conference call appears when a conference call in a team or group starts.
a. Dial-in number — regional or global number that the team or group members can use to dial into the conference call.
b. Host access — the code the host (the person who starts the call) uses to dial into the conference call.
c. Participant access — the code the guests use to dial into the conference call.
d. Join — join the conference call.
Converting live calls into conference calls
- While on a call, click Add.
- Dial the number of the person to be added to the call.
- Click Merge to conference.
- Click the Invite button to add more people to the conference.
- Select the method to invite:
Invite by Email
Invite by Message